Monday, April 18, 2011

The fuller pink moon



(Image provided by Johannes Kepler)


Just to be clear... The full moon was last night.  Even if you live in England on GMT.  It happens at the same time for everybody, pretty much. Though some of us live in different time zones and use different standards to recognize those various "times."  It has to do with the earth being spherical and rotating on its axis just as much as it has to do with the moon being round and going through various phases as it orbits the earth.  

My astronomer friend over at selavy tried to snarkily challenge me on this...  

Just a few days ago I wrote a post about how he was my science teacher and I used to ridicule him and question his facts.  Good thing.  If I had listened to him then we'd be celebrating a second full moon again tonight.  

Some people you just can't reach....


All fallacious astronomy aside, there's always next month, Princess...


.