Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Nikon Speedlight SB-700





Well, here is the first picture I took with my new Nikon Speedlight SB-700.  My wife took my favorite daytime model, Barkley, to work with her. So for now I won't be able to terrorize him with this scary light emitting black device of doom that's always covering my face. I'm always trying to get him interested in the darth-vader ray-gun with kisses and treats, sometimes successfully. He remains quite nonplussed about the new camera.

For now I'll just post another self-portrait in one of the two mirrors we have in the apartment.  I have the bounce card out on this picture and the flash is facing the top of the wall behind me. I already love this flash.

For great strobe/flash photography check out a friend of mine here in NYC, Diego.

One day soon I will be bugging him with ceaseless lighting questions....

diegonyc