Thursday, September 30, 2010

More rain


New York is wet again, not yet the cold wetness that comes later in the year, but the annoying late summer rains, when it could and should be much nicer, but it is not.

Boy, was I in a bad mood last night; grim, hopeless and full of despair. All that's passed though now and I'm back to my normal cheery self, except for the rain, of course.

I am just being patient and awaiting the arrival of my new camera, the Nikon D7000. I think I have figured out which lenses I am going to buy but I'm not 100% certain yet….

AF NIKKOR 24mm f/2.8D

AF Zoom-NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED

Some people tell me that I don't need the prime lens, that the wide angle zoom will do everything that I need it to, that I should buy a telephoto zoom. But I can't help but feel I will want the 24mm prime and will appreciate the speed of it.

I question if I would have much use at all with a telephoto zoom lens. I'm not a sports photographer. I shoot mostly snapshots, sometimes wanting as wide of an angle as possible but I also like being able to compose odd and unexpected distorted visions from up close. I know that both of these lenses are pretty good and I wouldn't be wasting my money, but I want to make sure that I am maximizing the money I spend now because it will be some time before I'll be able to spend any more on lenses.

There is still time to do research…. but not much.